[R-pkg-devel] Package submission fail

Christiaan Pieterse p|et|e@cjp@1908 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 10 19:35:49 CET 2023

Good day development team, I trust this email finds you well.

I am trying to upload a package onto CRAN. Note that this is a second
version of an existing package on CRAN, called iopspackage. I have built
the package using the R CMD build function and checked the function using R
CMD check --as cran--. The check yields 3 notes. 2 of them are regarding
run time and big file sizes, which is expected and I can't fix since it is
external functions used in my package that take that much time and a big
example file required. The 3rd note I do not know how to solve. I submitted
this file but it did not pass the automatic checks. Please see the part
from the CRAN-submission email below, as well as my attached .tar.gz file.
Any assistance to get this package open-source uploaded to CRAN would be
appreciated, thank you!

Kind regards
Christiaan

*CRAN-submission email:*
Dear maintainer,

package iopspackage_2.1.0.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks
automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
Windows: <
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/iopspackage_2.1.0_20231109_155428/Windows/00check.log

Debian: <
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/iopspackage_2.1.0_20231109_155428/Debian/00check.log

Please fix all problems and resubmit a fixed version via the webform.
If you are not sure how to fix the problems shown, please ask for help on
the R-package-devel mailing list:
If you are fairly certain the rejection is a false positive, please
reply-all to this message and explain.

More details are given in the directory:
<
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/iopspackage_2.1.0_20231109_155428/

The files will be removed after roughly 7 days.

No strong reverse dependencies to be checked.

Best regards,
CRAN teams' auto-check service
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: NOTE
  Maintainer: 'C.J Pieterse <pietie.cjp.1908 using gmail.com>'

  New submission

  Size of tarball: 10537094 bytes

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: Rd files, Result: NOTE
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:17: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_ \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:36: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:42: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:44: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:46: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:48: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_ \_
  checkRd: (-1) IOPS.Rd:50: Escaped LaTeX specials: \_

Flavor: r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 10s
         user system elapsed
  IOPS 127.61   5.58   133.2

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
         user system elapsed
  IOPS 170.57  2.971 173.549

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: for non-standard things in the check directory, Result: NOTE
  Found the following files/directories:
    'Combined_Results.csv' 'Combined_Results.xlsx'