[R-pkg-devel] Problem persists, was Re: Problem compressing vignettes for CRAN

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sun Oct 8 17:47:41 CEST 2023

Following on from Ivan's advice I have now installed qpdf and Ghostview.
I have checked that they are both on my path by typing their name at the
command line and verifying they open. I then built the package with the
--compress-vignettes=both and then checked it with --as-cran I still get
a complaint that it needs qpdf to check compression.

I notice that in the Writing R Extensions manual in section 1.6.1 it states
"The full path to the qpdf command can be supplied as environment
variable R_QPDF ..."

Is that a typo for "must be supplied"? If it is where can I find the
answers to questions about how R accepts Windows paths? Do I need to
enclose parts of names containing spaces in "" signs? Does it mean the
path up to, in this case, bin or must I include qpdf.exe after it?

I assume I do not need to do anything special to get it to find Ghostscript?

Michael

--
Michael