[R-pkg-devel] Problem compressing vignettes for CRAN

Fri Oct 6 16:48:28 CEST 2023

В Fri, 6 Oct 2023 15:36:45 +0100
Michael Dewey <lists using dewey.myzen.co.uk> пишет:

> But I did use the option --compact-vignettes=both when I built the
> tarball.

> I do have gs installed but not qpdf. I built the package under
> Windows if that is relevant.

Is the Ghostscript executable on the %PATH%? It might help to install a
newer version. It may also be informative to extract the vignette *.pdf
files from the source package tarball and run tools::compactPDF(pdfs,
gs_quality='ebook', verbose = TRUE) to see whether it breaks at any
point.

--
Best regards,
Ivan