[R-pkg-devel] How to fix Archived Package Rpdb?

Wed Sep 13 21:18:39 CEST 2023

13 сентября 2023 г. 18:01:56 UTC, Leonard Mada via R-package-devel <r-package-devel using r-project.org> пишет:

>Error in (function (..., row.names = NULL, check.rows = FALSE, check.names = TRUE,  :
>  arguments imply differing number of rows: 1, 0

This is a bug in devtools where a value originating from subsetting a list using $ (which might be NULL, i.e. of length 0) is compared against a string (i.e. of length 1) using == (which fails) instead of identical() (which would have returned FALSE). Try submitting using the form at https://cran.r-project.org/.

>2.) Should I try to resubmit?
>If yes: should I increase the version number to 2.3.2 (from 2.3.1)?

If the package hasn't reached CRAN at all (looks like it hasn't), feel free to keep the version number. Otherwise it's best to increment it.

>- the issue was if to delete the e-mail from the original author;

My personal opinion is that a bouncing e-mail address can be removed. I think that we're all is in agreement that the _name_ of the original author must stay.

--
Best regards,
Ivan