[R-pkg-devel] How to fix Archived Package Rpdb?

Leonard Mada |eo@m@d@ @end|ng |rom @yon|c@eu
Fri Sep 8 11:32:17 CEST 2023

Dear Members,

I would like to reanimate the archived package Rpdb:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rpdb/index.html

1.) I have tried to contact the original author by email, but got no
response.

2.) New Repository on GitHub
I have copied the existing code to a new repository on GitHub:
https://github.com/discoleo/Rpdb

- fixed the use of deprecated functions (rgl);
- fixed some bug with Roxygen2;
- I hope that all errors are now fixed;

2.b.) Description file
- I left the original author as the author (with the provided e-mail
address): should I delete this email?
- I have added myself as maintainer;
- I have increased the last digit of the version number;
- I have added links to this new GitHub repository: I did not find any
other links in the previous version (except to the pdb-format);
- updated the licence to GPL v3: the original does not specify any
version number;

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

I may wait another 1 or 2 days and will try to submit the new version of
the package.

Many thanks,

Leonard