[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Detected Using More Than 2 Cores By Default

Fri Sep 1 16:04:53 CEST 2023

В Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:26:32 -0400
Matt Dancho <mdancho using business-science.io> пишет:

> Check: tests, Result: NOTE
>      Running 'testthat.R' [20s/7s]
>    Running R code in 'testthat.R' had CPU time 2.7 times elapsed time
>
> Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
> Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: NOTE
>    Re-building vignettes had CPU time 2.7 times elapsed time

Here's the conclusion of a recent R-pkg-devel thread:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2023q3/009513.html

It might help to set the environment variable OMP_THREAD_LIMIT to 2 in
your tests and vignettes, but with examples (and, generally, with
defaults in your functions) it will be harder to achieve compliance:
https://github.com/Rdatatable/data.table/issues/5658#issuecomment-1700972630

I don't see an immediate dependency of your package that could be doing
something in parallel, but maybe you'll be able to find it after
reading the R-package-devel thread.

--
Best regards,
Ivan