[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Detected Using More Than 2 Cores By Default

Matt Dancho md@ncho @end|ng |rom bu@|ne@@-@c|ence@|o
Fri Sep 1 14:26:32 CEST 2023

Hello,

First time caller. Long time listener. I have an issue identified in my
Modeltime R package version 1.2.8 CRAN submission.

*CRAN Issue*
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: tests, Result: NOTE
     Running 'testthat.R' [20s/7s]
   Running R code in 'testthat.R' had CPU time 2.7 times elapsed time

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: NOTE
   Re-building vignettes had CPU time 2.7 times elapsed time

both ratios indicate you are using more than 2 cores by default. Please
see the CRAN policies.

*Problem:*
When preparing relatively minor updates, I have submitted modeltime version
1.2.8 (
https://github.com/business-science/modeltime
) to CRAN but did not pass the incoming checks.

The error occurs on Debian indicating more than 2 cores are being used by
default.

I’m not sure how to detect where this is happening. Not how to fix it.

I do permit parallel processing in some modeltime functions but everything
is set to 1 core by default. The vignette and tests should be processed

Please let me know if you see something in my code that I could be missing
causing this issue.

Thanks, Matt