[R-pkg-devel] DESCRITION error

Wed Aug 30 18:23:23 CEST 2023

On 30/08/2023 12:03 p.m., Emanuele Cordano wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I'm creating a package. At a first build, I found out the following error.
> I parsed DESCRIPTION  file and I did not find any possible causes for this
> error. I searched on the web , but I found no clear explanation of this
> error. Have you ever experienced with this? What does this error mean ?
> I'm using an Rstudio server, but it's the first time it happens after
> building several other developed packages.
>

> Error reading package DESCRIPTION: system error 71 (Protocol error)

That error says that R couldn't read the DESCRIPTION file.  It sounds as
though you are on Windows, your file is on a network share, and the
server won't let you connect.  If that's the case, this link discusses
the issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-error-71-this-remote-computer-has/74270db8-4522-4e24-a494-5bf75becc9da