[R-pkg-devel] What to do when a package is archived from CRAN

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Aug 28 10:24:47 CEST 2023

Friends,

CRAN wrote initially to some rust using maintainers:

The CRAN policy on authorship/copyright is very clear:

"(’All components’ includes any downloaded at installation or during use.) "

Please explain how your package complies if you believe it does.

Further, we ask that you use the 'cargo vendor' mechanism to avoid
downloading during installation and limit the number of CPUs 'cargo
build' can use during installation.  Both points are covered in
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/using_rust.html>."

Accepting a package that downloads crates from github happened
automatically, but incorrectly (a false negative):
All the correspondence we see claims that the submission had bundled the
rust code, but the version that got archived after publication was 104KB
and did not.

So please simply follow the mails you got and fix the package folwing
the "using_rust" documentation.

In addition, it was mentined already to get the authorship straight.

Best,
Uwe Ligges