[R-pkg-devel] Help with a github/Rstudio mess

Chris Evans chr|@ho|d @end|ng |rom p@yctc@org
Wed Jul 5 12:04:53 CEST 2023

First, apologies for being off topic.  I guess I can see that this was
pretty pure git/github/Rstudio with hindsight.  I am very leary of
stackoverflow, probably wrongly, but I find such a mix of misinformation
and showboating there.  By contrast this list is a haven for me
to learn. However, point taken and I will try to be focused on the R
package side if I post here again (quite possible as so much of this
is at my outer limits in skills and experience).

So huge thanks to Ivan for so much background: not sure if it's
depressing or reassuring to see that this seems to be an erratic but known
thing.  Huge thanks to Duncan as I decided that I understood more of his
suggested fix than of Ivan's so I would start there ... and it
simply worked!

Many thanks both and to all who have taught me so much here,

Chris

--
Chris Evans (he/him)
Visiting Professor, UDLA, Quito, Ecuador & Honorary Professor,