[R-pkg-devel] NOTE about missing package ‘emmeans’ on macos-x86_64

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sat Jun 24 06:51:44 CEST 2023

> On Jun 24, 2023, at 12:19 AM, Uwe Ligges <ligges using statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
>

> On 23.06.2023 11:27, Helmut Schütz wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> since a while (January?) we face NOTEs in package checks (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_PowerTOST.html):
>> Version: 1.5-4
>> Check: package dependencies
>> Result: NOTE
>>     Package suggested but not available for checking: ‘emmeans’
>> Flavor: r-release-macos-x86_64
>> Version: 1.5-4
>> Check: Rd cross-references
>> Result: NOTE
>>     Package unavailable to check Rd xrefs: ‘emmeans’
>> Flavor: r-release-macos-x86_64
>> First I thought that ‘emmeans’ is not available for macos-x86_64 on CRAN.
>> However, ‘emmeans’ itself passed all checks (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_emmeans.html).
>> Since we want to submit v1.5-5 of PowerTOST soon, any ideas?
>
> Please go ahead. Simon rarely updates the check results, so I guess this was a coincidence at the time and never got updated. I'd ignore this one.

Correct, packages are only re-checked if they failed the check before. Once a package passes the checks the results are not re-run, because it would take way too long given how many packages we have (re-running all takes 2-3 days).

If you don't intend to update your package and want such NOTEs to disappear, send me an email and I can run it by hand (I did now for PowerTOST and the NOTE is gone).

Cheers,
Simon