[R-pkg-devel] [External] Another DLL requires the use of native symbols thread

iuke-tier@ey m@iii@g oii uiow@@edu iuke-tier@ey m@iii@g oii uiow@@edu
Sat Mar 25 15:41:47 CET 2023

Take another look at R-exts, specifically

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Registering-native-routines

Your call

     R_forceSymbols(dll, TRUE);

says you want foreign function calls to only work with entry points
specified by R objects representing native symbols. This was not being
enforced but is now in R devel.

Your NAMESPACE file directive

     useDynLib(splines, .registration = TRUE, .fixes = "C_")

says that these R objects should use a C_ prefix, so your .Fortran
call should be

    res <- .Fortran(C_bt, as.double(Temp), as.double(y), as.integer(icode))

So you can either fix your .Fortran call to be consistent with what
you have asked R to use, or drop the R_forceSymbols call.

Best,

luke