[R-pkg-devel] DLL requires the use of native symbols

Mon Mar 20 17:43:40 CET 2023

It appears that you have some uses of .Call() where you are passing a
character variable as the first argument, instead of registering the
entry point and passing the variable containing the registration
information.

 From your second link, it looks like Rcpp has some special way to
handle entry point registration.  I'm not familiar with that, I use the
basic way described in Writing R Extensions, section 5.4 "Registering
native routines".

Duncan Murdoch