[R-pkg-devel] DLL requires the use of native symbols

Guido Kraemer gu|do@kr@emer @end|ng |rom un|-|e|pz|g@de
Mon Mar 20 16:36:10 CET 2023

I am the maintainer of coRanking and got a message about an error, the
error can be found here [1]. I can reproduce the error on my own machine
with the latest R-devel but don't quite understand what the error means
and how I can fix it. A search leads to an issue in Rcpp [2] where the
characters in .Call are replaced by  symbols (apostrophe to backtick).
When I do this, I get an error when building the vignette:

 > NULL value passed as symbol address

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix the error?

Best

Guido

[1]
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc/coRanking-00check.html