[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Thu Mar 16 19:14:48 CET 2023

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:01:55 +0000
"Ruff, Sergej" <Sergej.Ruff using tiho-hannover.de> wrote:

> Last question: How does CRAN work with Bioconductor Dependencies?
> Will CRAN accept limma as a dependency or will my submission be
> rejected?

It's not explicitly spelled out in the CRAN policy
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html>, but
Bioconductor and CRAN are the "mainstream repositories" for the
purposes of the following rule:

>> Packages on which a CRAN package depends should be available from a
>> mainstream repository

(Even non-mainstream repositories are allowed for optional dependencies
if you follow a few additional rules.)

Here's an example of a CRAN package with a strong dependency on a
Bioconductor package: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=RTIGER>. You
can see the extra instructions for installing the Bioconductor
dependencies in its README.

--
Best regards,
Ivan