[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Tiago Olivoto t|@goo||voto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 16 18:51:30 CET 2023

Hi Sergej,

I sincerely don't know if the position of biocView really matters (I'll try
it when preparing for the new CRAN release of pliman). I believe that
biocView will not allow you to put limma in the imports field and
automatically install it from Bioconductor, as you can see here in this
discussion <
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54411495/bioconductor-packages-not-installing-with-biocviews-specification-in-description

In my case, I had no errors when submitting pliman to CRAN using EBImage as
suggests (I haven't yet tried to use biocView: and EBImage in the Imports
section).

Best regards,
Olivoto