[R-pkg-devel] First CRAN submission - quick feedback

Ronald Bergmann |n|o @end|ng |rom b|@ck-@now@net
Sun Mar 12 21:20:14 CET 2023

Hi r-package-devel,

we'll soon make our first submission to CRAN (hopefully). While there's still stuff to do* and while we're waiting for an update to one of the dependencies I'd kindly like to ask if anyone would mind taking a quick look at the repository to assess if the overall structure seems fine.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/haganjam/FW_invert_biomass_allometry

One thing is that the package requires a couple of database files, which are about 20 MB in size and rather growing than shrinking. A standalone data package didn't seem like a good solution to me, so I added a zzz.R file to load the required files on install time (well, initialization / load time, it is). Makes sense to me but I don't know if this will be fine with CRAN.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a great week!
Cheers

* pipelines are pretty much copypasta and failing
* waiting for fixes in one of the dependencies
* tests need some love
* still gotta test file path resolution / whether to drop here