[R-pkg-devel] Package submission rejected as it fails checks on Debian

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Mon Feb 20 19:52:16 CET 2023

Hi, Vasileios:

	  Do you have it on GitHub?

	  If yes, do you use "GitHub Action" to test the package on multiple
platforms?  I'm a contributor to the "fda" package.  It's version on
GitHub is configured so every "git push" triggers auto tests on five
different platforms, testing it against the current "release" version of
R on the latest versions of macOS, Windows and Ubuntu plus the
development and previous release on Ubuntu.[1]  I don't know if GitHub
action would support testing under Debian nor if testing under Ubuntu
would catch the problem that CRAN is catching on Debian.

	  However, having the package on GitHub also makes it easier for
someone else to clone the package and test it it for you ;-) This
community of R developers provides very valuable support for problems
like this.

	  Hope this help.
	  Spencer Graves

[1]https://github.com/JamesRamsay5/fda/blob/master/.github/workflows/R-CMD-check.yaml