[R-pkg-devel] Unable to load Windows NETIO.SYS and WINSPOOL.DRV DLLs

David Sterratt D@v|d@C@Sterr@tt @end|ng |rom ed@@c@uk
Sun Feb 12 17:23:08 CET 2023

On Sun, 2023-02-12 at 15:04 +0100, Uwe Ligges wrote:
> Note that Gtk2 is end of life, Gtk4 was released 3 years ago already.
> There are reasons why neither the former RGtk2 maintainer nor the
> CRAN team decided to maintain RGtk2 further on.

Thank you. I know that Gtk2 is end-of-life, but I was thinking that the
inclusion of the Gtk2 library in RTools4.3 meant that it was still seen
as usable. I have an R package that is built around the gWidgets2RGtk2
interface  - it had some features that the Tcl/Tk interface didn't
have.

Anyway, *supposing* that someone wanted to investigate updating RGtk2
to RGtk4 and upload the updated package to CRAN, what would be the
possible approaches (if any) to include the RGtk4 libraries, so that
the package could be compiled on the CRAN build servers? Either (1)
include the Gtk4 source code (and any necessary dependencies) in the R
package; or (2) have RGtk4 dev libraries installed on build servers
(I'm assuming that they are not currently installed).

Best wishes,

David

--
David Sterratt, Lecturer https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/sterratt
Institute for Adaptive and Neural Computation     tel: +44 131 651 1739

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.