[R-pkg-devel] R OpenCL on an AMD GPU

Quirin Stier Qu|r|n_St|er @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Tue Feb 7 17:08:25 CET 2023

Hi,

I am trying to set up the CRAN package "OpenCL" to run on a Windows 10
machine with an AMD GPU (Radeon 7900 XTX).

I installed the AMD drivers (which carry the OpenCL.dll) and the
installation of OpenCL in R didnt work. So I also downloaded the AMD SDK
to set up the environment variables OCL64LIB, OCL32LIB and OCLINC. The
installation worked, but the built package was broke (OpenCL kernels
didnt execute due to a multiplicity of errors - the OpenCL set up must
have been wrong).

The installation of OpenCL was done with install.packages("OpenCL",
INSTALL_opts = "--no-test-load") trying it with and without the
install_opts option.

Does anyone have a clue?

Best regards,

Quirin