[R-pkg-devel] NOTE about use of `:::`

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Dec 15 01:11:43 CET 2022

David,

why not

call[[1]] <- parse_args

The assignment is evaluated in your namespace so that makes sure the call is that of your function. The only downside I see is that in a stack trace you'll see the definition instead of the name.
Or possibly

do.call(parse_args, as.list(call[-1]))

Cheers,
Simon

PS: Note that ::: is expensive - it probably doesn't matter here, but would in repeatedly called functions.