[R-pkg-devel] Do you run R on Fedora or Debian?

Sat Dec 10 23:36:07 CET 2022

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:00:22 -0800
Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel
<r-package-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

> cache_setup(temp_dir = TRUE)

Unfortunately, it prints a path under tempdir() for me on my Debian
oldstable machine.

I see that the error came from the "donttest" check from an extra test
that's not on by default with --as-cran. Unfortunately, not even
running _R_CHECK_DONTTEST_EXAMPLES_=true \
_R_CHECK_THINGS_IN_OTHER_DIRS_=TRUE R CMD check --as-cran \
--run-donttest rerddapXtracto_1.1.3.tar.gz reproduces the issue for me.

As a measure of last resort, could it help to manually go over
rerddapXtracto examples and see if any are wrapped in \donttest{} and
may be missing a cache setting?

--
Best regards,
Ivan