[R-pkg-devel] CRAN package isoband and its reverse dependencies

Guido Schwarzer @c @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Wed Oct 5 14:39:48 CEST 2022

Am 05.10.22 um 14:32 schrieb John Harrold:

> Howdy Folks,
>
> I got a message from CRAN today telling me that I have a strong reverse
> dependency on the isoband package. But I'm not alone! It look like more
> than 4700 other packages also have a strong dependency on this. Is there
> some organized effort to deal with this?

R package ggplot2 imports isoband which resulted in the very large
number of strong dependencies.

For my own R packages I could move ggplot2 from Imports to Suggests,
however, I hope that I can simply wait this out.

Best,

Guido