[R-pkg-devel] How to decrease time to import files in xlsx format?

Tue Oct 4 21:39:08 CEST 2022

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 15:29:54 -0300
Igor L <igorlaltuf using gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is that importing files in xlsx format is time consuming.

Do the openxlsx or XLConnect packages fare any better?

> plan(strategy = future::multicore(workers = 4))

As far as I understand the documentation, multicore only works on
POSIX-compatible operating systems when not running under RStudio (and
even then, some macOS APIs may be not fork()-safe). Which operating
system are you running? Does it get any better if you use
future::multisession?

Have you tried profiling the code? Do you see it using 100% of one
core in some kind of task manager?

--
Best regards,
Ivan