[R-pkg-devel] Warning about ggplot although no ggplot is used anywhere in the package

Riko Kelter r|ko@ke|ter @end|ng |rom un|-@|egen@de
Fri Sep 23 08:59:37 CEST 2022

Hello again,

thanks for the help. Here is a link to download the .tar.gz package:
https://uni-siegen.sciebo.de/s/Z9BKwutIPGMieGh
I followed the advice to scan the examples, source code and vignettes with the trace function for occurrences of the element_line call.

Results: Only when loading either the fbst package (which also loads rstanarm) or loading rstanarm any appearance of element_line is noticed by the tracer (see below). This is regardless of whether a size option is specified or not.
As mentioned earlier as a potential solution, rstanarm loads bayesplot and indeed two functions in bayesplot make use of the size option in ggplot2::element_line(). However, I do not use these functions but they are loaded when using library(rstanarm) I guess. I see no way to load rstanarm then. Any suggestions?
> trace(ggplot2::element_line)

> library(fbst)

Lade nötiges Paket: cubature
Lade nötiges Paket: ks

Warnung: Paket ‘ks’ wurde unter R Version 4.0.5 erstellt
Lade nötiges Paket: viridis
Lade nötiges Paket: viridisLite

Lade nötiges Paket: rstanarm

Lade nötiges Paket: Rcpp
Registered S3 methods overwritten by 'htmltools':

method from print.html
tools:rstudio
print.shiny.tag

tools:rstudio
print.shiny.tag.list

tools:rstudio

Registered S3 method overwritten by 'htmlwidgets':

method from print.htmlwidget tools:rstudio
trace: element_line

trace: element_line

trace: element_line
trace: element_line

trace: element_line

trace: element_line

trace: element_line

This is rstanarm version 2.21.3
-

See https://mc-stan.org/rstanarm/articles/priors for changes to default priors!
-

Default priors may change, so it's safest to specify priors, even if equivalent to
the defaults.
- For execution on a local, multicore CPU with excess RAM we recommend

calling
options(mc.cores = parallel::detectCores())

Kind regards,
Riko