[R-pkg-devel] LaTeX packages available for documentation?

Sat Sep 3 22:41:27 CEST 2022

I don't know if the LaTeX packages are fully documented, but there is
some info in the R Admin manual in section 2.4 "Installation".  That
might just apply to R, not contributed packages.

One way to figure it out is to ask R to convert an Rd file to pdf, and
save the .tex file.  When I do that, I see that it uses or requires the
following packages:

   Rd
   makeidx
   inputenc
   graphicx (maybe?  commented out in the example I ran)

and Rd.sty requires these (some conditionally), as seen in R sources
share/texmf/tex/latex/Rd.sty:

   ifthen
   longtable
   hyperref
   bm
   alltt
   verbatim
   url
   textcomp
   iftex
   fontenc
   times
   lmodern
   beramono
   zi4
   inconsolata

Since these are gleaned from the source, they are likely subject to change.