[R-pkg-devel] r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64 -- bioconductor links?

Stephan Struckmann @teph@n@@truckm@nn @end|ng |rom un|-gre||@w@|d@de
Tue Aug 30 14:38:36 CEST 2022

Dear list members,

thank you for reading. For a few weeks, I have a WARNING on CRAN package checks for our dataquieR package, which does not even
indirectly use Bioconductor nor cites anything from there. The warning states, that an old bioconductor release is not available any more:

> Check: for unstated dependencies in ‘tests’
> Result: WARN
>     Warning: unable to access index for repository https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/bioc/src/contrib:
>      cannot open URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/bioc/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
>     Warning: unable to access index for repository https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/data/annotation/src/contrib:
>      cannot open URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/data/annotation/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
>     Warning: unable to access index for repository https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/data/experiment/src/contrib:
>      cannot open URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/data/experiment/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
> Flavor: r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64

I suspect, this WARNING is related with the test infrastructure somehow. Since I also have to fix two NOTEs within the next two weeks, I should comment on this WARNING too.
What would you propose to do about the WARNING — I cannot address it, because dataquieR is not using Bioconductor at all (I’m rather sure about this, because
`grep -ir bioc *` returns nothing, and because the BiocManager package does not list https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=BiocManager
in its reverse dependencies).

I expected the WARNING to disappear once someone fixes the suspected problems on r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64, but this has not yet happened. Any hints how to handle this
are appreciated, thank you in advance,

Stephan