[R-pkg-devel] CRAN valgrind reports with zero leaks - actionable?

Thu Aug 18 14:53:59 CEST 2022

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 06:55:01 -0500
Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> A package of mine shows a valgrind report at with the details clearly
> indicating that no memory is lost:

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the problem, but which package is it?
Does the ERROR SUMMARY also show 0 errors?

I would have assumed it's the dtts package, but that one shows a
non-zero "possibly lost" value. For dtts [*], there's also "invalid
read" messages intermixed with the test output, although I'm finding
them very confusing: how can it be invalid if it's within the bounds of
the allocation and the address seems to indicate correct alignment?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*]