[R-pkg-devel] package stuck in CRAN 'pretest' for a day

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Fri Jul 15 16:57:15 CEST 2022

On 15.07.2022 16:07, Tomas Kalibera wrote:
> On 7/15/22 14:50, Georgi Boshnakov wrote:
>> Submitted package 'fGarch' has been stuck in CRAN 'pretest' for about
>> 24 hours now. The same seems to hold for several other packages. Is
>> this something that can be expected normally?
>>
>> The pretest service seems to work normally in that other packages come
>> and go.
>
> My guess is it is because of a problem in R-devel, the development
> version of R, which has been fixed/reverted but it may take some time
> for systems to recover (82587+82589, the former tested on
> CRAN/Bioconductor packages, the latter being a hot-fix of the former,
> which unfortunately made a very large number of CRAN packages to fail).
> It is part of an attempt to fix semantics of useBytes=TRUE ([1] is
> somewhat related). Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have not had the time to look into the details of the stuck packages,
but Tomas explanation is most likely true, as both the recheck systems
maintained by Kurt and also my winbuilder platform have packages stuck
in the queues.
Please be patient, we try to fix this soon.

Best,
Uwe