[R-pkg-devel] package stuck in CRAN 'pretest' for a day

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 15 16:07:18 CEST 2022

On 7/15/22 14:50, Georgi Boshnakov wrote:
> Submitted package 'fGarch' has been stuck in CRAN 'pretest' for about 24 hours now. The same seems to hold for several other packages. Is this something that can be expected normally?
>
> The pretest service seems to work normally in that other packages come and go.

My guess is it is because of a problem in R-devel, the development
version of R, which has been fixed/reverted but it may take some time
for systems to recover (82587+82589, the former tested on
CRAN/Bioconductor packages, the latter being a hot-fix of the former,
which unfortunately made a very large number of CRAN packages to fail).
It is part of an attempt to fix semantics of useBytes=TRUE ([1] is
somewhat related). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tomas

[1]
https://blog.r-project.org/2022/07/12/speedups-in-operations-with-regular-expressions