[R-pkg-devel] URL checks

Wed Jun 29 23:08:19 CEST 2022

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:51:23 +0200 (CEST)
William Becker <william.becker using bluefoxdata.eu> wrote:

> if someone can point me to a reference where I can work out how to
> solve the problem, that would be really helpful

The CRAN URL checks page is linked from the CRAN policy:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/URL_checks.html

Short version is, your links all seem fine, but Cloudflare and other
content distribution companies don't like the way R checks them. You
only need to mention that in the submission comment.

There's no technical fix for the problem. DOI checks could be in theory
adjusted (trading false negatives for false positives), but it's hard to
get checks working for the rest of the links when the CDN companies
decide that automated requests like ones produced by R CMD check are
exactly the kind of thing they should be blocking.

--
Best regards,
Ivan