[R-pkg-devel] Troubleshooting Fortran type mismatch and --enable-lto

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 21 21:53:32 CEST 2022

On 6/21/22 20:38, Shawn Way wrote:
> I've gotten a response from the build team that I have a type mis-match between my fortran code and it was discovered using the -enable-lto option for compilation.  I'm trying to even be able to reproduce the error so that I can fix the error.  I've read the R Admin and the Writing R extensions and it has muddied the waters for building using a Windows machine.
>
> Can someone please give me a hint how to "enable-lto" for building R packages using R 4.2.0?  I would really love understand how to troubleshoot combined R and fortran code.
Please try following 4.5 of Writing R Extensions and if you run into
problems, ask specifically, providing an exact description what you did
and key parts of outputs, so that others can help.
> Just FYI, I'm taking over the package as a maintainer as the original package creator died a couple of years ago.  It's a new experience for me.

Please also give the name of the package - it may be possible to tell
from the outputs what is the problem.

Best
Tomas