[R-pkg-devel] Troubleshooting Fortran type mismatch and --enable-lto

Shawn Way @w@y @end|ng |rom empowerph@rm@cy@com
Tue Jun 21 20:38:57 CEST 2022

I've gotten a response from the build team that I have a type mis-match between my fortran code and it was discovered using the -enable-lto option for compilation.  I'm trying to even be able to reproduce the error so that I can fix the error.  I've read the R Admin and the Writing R extensions and it has muddied the waters for building using a Windows machine.

Can someone please give me a hint how to "enable-lto" for building R packages using R 4.2.0?  I would really love understand how to troubleshoot combined R and fortran code.

Just FYI, I'm taking over the package as a maintainer as the original package creator died a couple of years ago.  It's a new experience for me.

Thank you kindly,

Shawn Way