[R-pkg-devel] Linking to a large external library

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Fri Jun 10 15:04:08 CEST 2022

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 at 14:54, Ben Engbers <Ben.Engbers using be-logical.nl> wrote:

> \Hi,
>
> It's been several Fedora versions since I installed R with the command
> 'sudo dnf install R'. And with every update of Fedora, R was
> automatically updated to the recent version. Fedora 36 was only recently
> released. So I would expect that for Fedora 4.1.3 would be the most
> recent. 'sudo dnf update R' confirms this.
> The page in the link does not provide instructions for updates. Or am I
> missing something?

There are instructions specifically in [1] to run a recent version of
R (or any other software) that is available in rawhide but not in the
current release. The problem is that R 4.2 is not available in rawhide
either yet, so it won't work. Probably spot (I've cc'ed him in my last
email) has been too busy these weeks.

[1] https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/fedora/#toolbox-container-based-development

Iñaki

> Op 10-06-2022 om 14:31 schreef Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> >
> > See eg   https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/fedora/   to learn how to
> > easily get R 4.2.* onto a (current) Fedora system.
> >
> > Dirk
>
> --
> Ben Engbers

Iñaki Úcar