[R-pkg-devel] problems with HTML version of manual

Adelchi Azzalini @zz@||n| @end|ng |rom @t@t@un|pd@|t
Tue May 31 16:05:11 CEST 2022

Hi.

I am preparing a new version of package mnormt. The package installs OK locally, but

 R CMD check --as-cran --run-donttest mnormt_2.1.0.tar.gz

runs fine only up to

* checking PDF version of manual … OK

and then it says

* checking HTML version of manual ... NOTE
Found the following problems:
mnorm.Rd:4:1: Warning: <link> inserting "type" attribute
mnorm.Rd:12:1: Warning: <script> proprietary attribute "onload"
mnorm.Rd:12:1: Warning: <script> inserting "type" attribute
mnorm.Rd:17:1: Warning: <table> lacks "summary” attribute

…and so on for all other Rd files.

This is something I have never seen before, and it is particularly obscure to me since the PDF version is fine. Neither I could find documentation with an explanation.

In addition I get

mtruncnorm.Rd:105:43: Warning: replacing invalid character code 135
mtruncnorm.Rd:145:32: Warning: replacing invalid character code 135

but the quoted lines have length 11 and 23, respectively. Again, I am lost.

Any suggestions?

Adelchi Azzalini
http://azzalini.stat.unipd.it