[R-pkg-devel] How to structure LICENSE for multiple licenses?

P Roebuck proebuck1701 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 25 02:21:53 CEST 2022

You are the *author* of your code so it wouldn't be necessary for either
type.
Since you're not licensing someone else's code, the  license restrictions
are
not binding on you -- simply listing them for a FOSS license is likely
enough.

That being said, it could complicate the terms for a licensee. It should be
unnecessary to include the GPL license text since the license itself does
not
carry restrictions.

INAL but to ensure your license is preserved, *I* would add a copy of the
MIT license (which has restrictions) but not the LGPL (which does not) to
your source package as follows:

<pkg>

+- R/
+- data/
+- inst/
   +- tests/
   +- LICENSE.MIT
+- man/
+- src/
+- DESCRIPTION
+- NAMESPACE

and have the DESCRIPTION file simply read:

Package: <pkg>
License: LGPL-2.1 | MIT