[R-pkg-devel] nit-picking about CRAN repository policy

Sun May 8 00:54:44 CEST 2022

While I of course do not speak for CRAN, allow me (given I've harped on this
beat before [1]) to record a strong disagreement here: "unconditionally used"
is simply not reflecting the conditional nature of a Suggests, nomatter where
it happens in the package.  Vignettes are no different from examples.

So I say thanks to CRAN for having gradually sharpened the language in the
CRAN Repo Policu over the years and for now adding even more explicit tests.

Dirk

[1] One such post is "Suggests != Depends which is at
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2017/03/22/#suggests_is_not_depends

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org