[R-pkg-devel] Searching examples in source code

Ben Engbers Ben@Engber@ @end|ng |rom Be-Log|c@|@n|
Sat May 7 23:24:19 CEST 2022

Hi,

My package (RBaseX) is written entirely in R. The performance is not bad
but to further improve the performance I want to investigate to what
extent use of C++ makes sense. Problem is that I have little experience
with C++ and none with Rcpp. So I am looking for examples.
On my (linux) system I installed several packages that needed to be
compiled. So it is likely that I already have examples on my system.

My first question is if there is a useful linux command to search all
the source code of installed packages on my system.
The second question is if there is a command to search all packages at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/available_packages_by_name.html?

This question is not only relevant to C++ examples. It would also be
nice if you could search for occurrences of commands in R code.

Ben