[R-pkg-devel] HTML5 errors in win-builder R-release check

Sat May 7 01:14:46 CEST 2022

  (Can't get to the previous message, hoping not to break the thread.)

   I am getting similar errors to those reported by John Nash
<https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2022q2/008031.html>, of
the form

Warning: <table> attribute "width" not allowed for HTML5

(same platforms: win-builder r-release but not r-devel, not on r-hub's
platform).

   I think the commit that Henrik noted (SVN 82283,
https://github.com/r-devel/r-svn/commit/5b2011ddbd7f9bad82e374904c9e3da21e760a9f,
April 29) was submitted to fix these problems - but it came a week after
R 4.2.0 was released. Perhaps it would be a good candidate for including
in a patch release, if anything slightly more important arises that
makes it worth releasing one ...

    A little surprising that this hasn't bitten more people/that there's
not more chatter about this? Maybe John and I are doing something unusual?

   cheers
     Ben Bolker