[R-pkg-devel] Need advice CRAN package check results

Matthias Gondan m@tth|@@-gond@n @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Sat Apr 30 18:57:46 CEST 2022

Dear developers,

I have recently submitted my first r package, and bear with me, I am still learning things. Most importantly, there is a page with the CRAN package checks,

https://cran.rstudio.com/web/checks/check_results_rolog.html

The package check for r-release-macos-arm64 fails, in two places.

• The one in the table refers to Version 0.9, that one is less interesting because I have already fixed it. Well, minor question, will the version numbers for these tests increase automatically?
• More importantly, there are two links called M1mac below the table, „Additional issues“. They refer to the current version of the package, 0.9.2. The left link points to https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/M1mac/rolog.log, and there is an error message at 69% that needs to be fixed somehow. Note that the message is not really helpful (clang: error: unable to execute command: Abort trap: 6, clang: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal)

To investigate this in more detail, I tried the mac-builder service, but the build doesn’t fail there: https://mac.r-project.org/macbuilder/results/1651148567-352c2175cfbba55d/. I think this will be deleted soon, so this one is more recent, with only little changes: https://mac.r-project.org/macbuilder/results/1651332515-22f4e1b1c9492557/

Does anyone have a good idea how to move on? I don’t have a Mac M1 at hand…

Best wishes,

Matthias