[R-pkg-devel] CRAN check linux gcc12 Boost error

Sun Apr 17 18:03:34 CEST 2022

On 15 April 2022 at 09:05, jérémy Gelb wrote:
| Long story short, if you use [any package] in your package and have some weird
| compilation error with gcc12, it could be caused by namespace pollution.

That is a general rule and not specific to your package and its dependencies.

Once you have large(r) packages with large(r) dependencies you also have a
higher chance of being bitten.  But we always recommended to users of Rcpp to
not use 'using namespace ...' in their packages.  It's convenient and fine
for small packages, but asking for trouble in larger ones.

Same reason, really, why we switched to enforcing STRICT_R_HEADERS.

But long story short glad you're set now.

Regards, Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org