[R-pkg-devel] CRAN check linux gcc12 Boost error

jérémy Gelb ge|bjeremy22 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 15 15:05:21 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I send this message after a good call from Iñaki Ucar. The compilation
error with gcc12 I had for spNetwork was very likely caused by some
namespace pollution :

using namespace std;

After removing it and adding std:: were needed, I was able to compile the
package on a Docker with gcc12 (https://hub.docker.com/r/rocker/r-edge/tags)
thanks to the maintainer from the package BH.

Long story short, if you use BH in your package and have some weird
compilation error with gcc12, it could be caused by namespace pollution.

All the best