[R-pkg-devel] Preparing for R 4.2.0 and UCRT via MXE builds

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 8 13:01:45 CEST 2022

On 4/8/22 12:49, matthias-gondan wrote:
> Dear Thomas,
>
> This is great news, thank you. I understand that I use the
> /usr/bin/cmake from Rtools42, not /ucrt64/bin/cmake, correct? Which
> generator should I select, "Unix Makefiles"? I ask because this
> requires a few more #defines for Swi-Prolog, but that should be feasible.

Hi Matthias,

please see https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/howto-R-4.2.html
and look for cmake, there is now a simple example for native (and
cross-) compilation. Though your case might be harder and if you run
into problems, please let me know.

Please use "cmake" that is on PATH with Rtools42 (currently it is under
x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix). It will use "Unix Makefiles" by
default and you can assume it is available. It will find headers and
libraries from Rtools42 as needed.

If your installation of Rtools42 doesn't have cmake, please upgrade it.

Best
Tomas