[R-pkg-devel] debugging remote vignette build failure

Mon Mar 14 11:32:24 CET 2022

On 13/03/2022 8:11 p.m., Ben Bolker wrote:
>     After switching some vignette elements of the form
>
> https://doi.org/10.1214/09-AOAS306

> \doi{10.1214/09-AOAS306}
>
>     in the glmmTMB package,
>
> GitHub Actions under Ubuntu 20.04 is throwing an error of the form
>
> Running 'texi2dvi' on 'glmmTMB.tex' failed.
> LaTeX errors:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.172 doi:\nobreakspace{}\Rhref
>
> {[https://doi.org/10.32614/RJ-2017-066}{10.326...](https://doi.org/10.32614/RJ-2017-066%7D%7B10.326...)
> The control sequence at the end of the top line
> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
>

>      This does **not** happen with rhub::check_on_ubuntu, which tests
> with R-release under Ubuntu Linux 20.04.1 LTS
>
>      It would be nice to fix our GH Actions workflow.  Has anyone seen
> this before/have suggestions for where to start looking for problems?

Are you sure this is coming from a vignette?  It looks like it would be
from an Rd file or DESCRIPTION:

The \Rhref macro is defined in Rd.sty.  There's a LaTeX \doi macro in
jss.cls, but it doesn't use \Rhref.  On the other hand, the automatic
conversion of the DESCRIPTION file uses it in the
tools:::.DESCRIPTION_to_latex function.