[R-pkg-devel] debugging remote vignette build failure

Mon Mar 14 01:56:00 CET 2022

On 13 March 2022 at 20:11, Ben Bolker wrote:
|    After switching some vignette elements of the form
|
| https://doi.org/10.1214/09-AOAS306

| \doi{10.1214/09-AOAS306}
|
|    in the glmmTMB package,
|
| GitHub Actions under Ubuntu 20.04 is throwing an error of the form
|
| Running 'texi2dvi' on 'glmmTMB.tex' failed.
| LaTeX errors:
| ! Undefined control sequence.
| l.172 doi:\nobreakspace{}\Rhref
|
| {[https://doi.org/10.32614/RJ-2017-066}{10.326...](https://doi.org/10.32614/RJ-2017-066%7D%7B10.326...)
| The control sequence at the end of the top line
| of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
|

|     This does **not** happen with rhub::check_on_ubuntu, which tests
| with R-release under Ubuntu Linux 20.04.1 LTS
|
|     It would be nice to fix our GH Actions workflow.  Has anyone seen
| this before/have suggestions for where to start looking for problems?

Long shot: can you identify the respective jss.sty version (or alike,
i.e. whichever latex code is dealing with expanding \doi{}) ?  And then maybe
locally provide the presumably more capable newer one?

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org