[R-pkg-devel] cmake, Windows

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sun Mar 6 21:05:39 CET 2022

Matthias,

that, that is helpful. So we are talking about UCRT here. The toolchain from https://github.com/kalibera/ucrt3 appears to not include the cmake binary. I suspect the reason is that since it is based on MXE, the cmake binary used for the toolchain is native (Linux) and not the Windows binary. I think there are two options: either use the CMake officially released binary or have the toolchain supply cmake.exe. I'd defer to Tomas who is maintaining the UCRT toolchain to advise which is the better option.

Cheers,
Simon