[R-pkg-devel] DBI namespace not found on check

Dayne Filer d@yne@|||er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 1 18:24:18 CET 2022

Thanks, Dirk!

I apologize — your fist message went to my junk folder so I didn’t see until after my first response. I totally understand re: CRAN requirements. I thought maybe the issue was with how the GitHub actions script was setup, hence moving to r-hub. When they both gave the same answer, I then assumed it was real.

I am also leaning towards adding to suggests and seeing if I can pass checks. It doesn’t detract from the package per se, I just find it odd that it doesn’t get installed, when it’s not MY package that requires it. You can go down the requirement trees (I haven’t done this for every package I import/suggest), but at least knitr -> DBI and S4Vectors -> AnnotationDbi -> DBI. How are these packages being installed during the test check without installing DBI?

Thanks, again!

Dayne