[R-pkg-devel] DBI namespace not found on check

Tue Feb 1 16:34:47 CET 2022

On 1 February 2022 at 18:14, Ivan Krylov wrote:
| You might have to depend on DBI explicitly

Good point. That same issue hit me with two little test packages I built on
the weekend which started with a Imports: RPostgres and Imports: RPostgreSQL
(trying to compare something here) and when R / R CMD check whined (on the
simple attempt to connect) I shrugged I just added DBI.  Which shouldn't have
been necessary as DBI gets imported by either but I was in no mood to fight.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org