[R-pkg-devel] package with datasets requiring sp

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Tue Jan 18 23:02:31 CET 2022

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:03:09 +0100
Aurélie Siberchicot <aurelie.siberchicot using univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:

> Thank you Andrew !
> I think I didn't explain my context correctly.
> I'm not importing datasets from 'sp'. I have datasets that are built
> from S4 objects of sp.
> In pratical terms, I don't import anything from 'sp' but I need 'sp'
> for my datasets to exist.

I'm probably misunderstanding/missing the point --- but it seems to me
that the obvious procedure would be to obtain the necessary objects
from sp, build your data sets, put them into the data directory of your
package, and then make no further reference to sp (other than perhaps
duly acknowledging the provenance of your data sets in the help files
that you write for them).

If my comment is totally out to lunch, please ignore it.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow