[R-pkg-devel] R Vignette Knitting Issues in CRAN Release

Fri Dec 10 11:38:15 CET 2021

On 09/12/2021 5:41 p.m., Simon Urbanek wrote:
> Eric,
>
> did you check the contents of the package file you submitted? The session info in the vignette is quite old, and the build has been packaged by you so I don't think it has anything to do with CRAN, but to make sure, check the file you submitted.

Yes, I think the tarball contained an old version of the .html file.
The timestamp on it is the same as on many other items in the tarball,
and that likely means it was put into inst/doc by the build process.

Eric, on Github I notice you have a committed copy of the HTML file in
the vignettes directory.  This could be the cause of your problem.
Normally you should only have the vignette source in the vignettes
directory.  I wouldn't be surprised if git the build process thinks the
.html file is newer than the .Rmd and doesn't rebuild it, putting a
stale copy into the tarball.

Duncan Murdoch